DEPARTMENT OF B.VOC (HANDLOOM WEAVER)
ADMISSION NOTICE 2020-21
Applications are invited from persons with weaving background for the B. Voc Course (Handloom Weaver) in Mizoram University. The course has been developed to impart skill based education under National skill Qualification Framework (NSQF) recognized by the UGC under MHRD, Government of India. The curriculum is designed to give overall training to the student on weaving, entrepreneurship, management and computer skills to create and manage their handloom enterprises.The curriculum in each of the semester/years of the programmewill be a suitable mix of general education and skill development components. The General Education Component shall have 40% of the total credits and balance 60% credits shall be of Skill Component.The details of the course are furnished below:
NAME OF THE COURSE: B.Voc (Handloom Weaver)
QUALIFICATIONS AND ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS:
- 12th pass or equivalent from any recognized board or university.
- Preference will be given to women candidates who have a background in weaving
AGE LIMIT: No age limit
DURATION OF COURSE:
- After completing six months of the course, the student can exit with a certificateform Mizoram University.
- after completion of one year the student can exit with a Diploma form Mizoram University.
- after completion of two years of the course the student can exit with an Advanced Diploma form Mizoram University.
- with the successful completion of three years of the program the student will receive a degree form Bachelor of Vocation (BVoc (Handloom Weaver) from Mizoram University.
- The student can also join back after a break whenever feasible to continue the program after Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma to the next higher level B.Voc.
STIPEND:` 1000 per month will be given to the students at the end of the semester after successful completion of one semester.
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF ADMISSION FORMS: 30th August, 2020.
*Application forms can be submitted in the office of Department of Commerce on all working days or Department of B.Voc located in M.phil room of Commerce Department. For queries contact 7640939066 or 7005623539
Please contact: (for further details)
A.Zodintlianga ( mob no: 7640939066) email: email@example.com
Meena. Sailo ( mob No: 7005623539)
Rama Ramswamy (mob no: 9862335213)