The Department was started with one year M.Ed. programme in the year 1980, which was replaced by a two year M.Ed. programme for one academic session in 1985-86. Since then, the M.Ed. programme has been replaced by M.A. Education programme of four semesters – duration. Along with this, the Department has been offering Ph.D. programme. M.Phil. programme has also been started since the session 2009-2010. In 2013 UGC Sanctioned for Establishment of School of Education. The University authorities resolved to upgrade Department of Education to School of Education and it has been approved by all statutory bodies of the University however the approval of MHRD is awaited. Department has started Two Years B. Ed. Programme from the session 2016-17 and Two Years M. Ed. Programme from the academic session 2018-19.
- To progressively provide academic leadership at regional and national circle.
- To have global impact on society through continual innovation in Education, Teacher Preparation and Research.
Programmes offered under the department: B.ed, M.ed, MA, Mphil and PhD
Mizoram University was created by an Act of Parliament (No. 8 of 2000) and it became functional from 2nd July, 2001. The University is located at Aizawl, the capital city of Mizoram and is spread over 978.1988 acres in an area on the outskirts of the city.
Department of Education accommodated in its new building from the session 2016. The new building of the department has built-up area of 4888.28 Sq. Mtrs. Building is comprising multi-storey five blocks connected well with bridges, elevators and ramps. Exclusive classrooms are existing for each programme run by the department of education. To mention specifically infrastructure of the department comprises classrooms(12), Seminar Hall(200 Seats), Conference Hall(100 seats), Library-cum-Reading Room, ICT Resource Centre, Curriculum Laboratory, Art & Craft Resource Centre, Health & Physical Education Resource Centre, all these facilities are other than central facilities available in the university campus. All the teaching and non-teaching staffs are accommodated in their personal working rooms. In the perception of the visitors to the Department of Education, Mizoram University, The Department possesses elegant infrastructure facilities compared to national and international level.
- Number of Books: 7151
- Encyclopedias and References: 699
- List of Refereed Journal Subscribed: Click here to view
- Addition in the Last Quarter: Click here to view
- Departmental Library: Department of Education has well-furnished Reading Room cum Departmental Library comprising References, books, CDs and Theses (M. Phil. & Ph. D.), Dissertations.
- Laboratories and Resource Centres:
Department has established the following laboratories in its own building:
- Psychology Lab.;
- Computer lab./ICT Centre with 31 terminals;
- Science & Mathematics Lab.;
- Social Science Resource Centre;
- Sport Club coordinated by Qualified Instructor;
- Music/Recreation Room coordinated by qualified instructor;
- Arts & Crafts Centre.
Besides, the department has access to a Language Laboratory which is shared by departments within School of Education and Humanities.
- Besides one dedicated computer laboratory with 31 terminals the Department is equipped with sufficient number of Laptops, LCD projectors (Fixed & Portable), OHPs, Projection Screens etc.
- All teachers and office staffs are provided with their personal computers with internet connectivity.
- Also the Department is fitted out with WiFi connectivity.
Affidavit: Click here for details
Disclosure: Click here for details
Balance Sheet: Click here for details
Biometrics Data: Under process
Receipt Payment Account: Click here for details
Fees payable for B.Ed and M.Ed: Click here for details
Income and expenditure account: Click here for details