The Career Counselling and Placement Cell was established in July 2012 to provide career guidance to students and facilitate the best possible placement opportunities. Students are provided guidance at the Cell to help them choose careers best suited to them, and in the process equipping them with the knowledge, skills and aptitude that meets the requirements of organizations and industries all over the world.
There are 3 (three) independent but collaborative units within the Career Counselling and Placement Cell.
- Career Counselling Cell
- Placement Cell
- Equal Opportunity Scheme
At the career counselling cell, we provide career guidance to students and help them understand their strengths and core competencies. The Cell delivers sustained guidance for competitive examinations, training in basic communication skills, training for group discussion, interview skills, aptitude tests, etc. The Cell also offers the following services to university students:
- Advice on how to develop a career plan.
- Resources and activities to facilitate the career planning process
- Help to students in development of their soft skills and communication ability
- Help to select institute that offer degrees or training programs that best meet the career goals and financial needs of students
- Counselling to explore their potentials and motivate them about their employment prospects
- Arranging Motivational Talks
A central placement cell was established in 2012 with the objective of providing the best placement opportunities to current students and alumni of Mizoram University. Some of the activities undertaken by the placement cell are:
- Assistance and coaching to students for industrial training
- Highlighting articles on departmental notice boards regarding competitive & industrial career opportunities.
- Information to students about available job opportunities in government sector and off campus drives
- Advice on interview and job skills through pre-placement training/workshops/ seminars for students
- Assistance to students to enable placements in reputed companies
- Act as a link between students, alumni, and the employment community
- Coordinate with companies to learn about their requirements and recruitment procedures
The activities of the placement cell are undertaken in a decentralised manner. The Cell comprises of coordinators from various schools and departments of the University and the Central Placement Cell. Placement related activities are coordinated by all the members of the cell. The coordinators provide facilities and information required by students.
Under the Equal Opportunity Scheme of UGC, an Equal Opportunity Cell was established at Mizoram University under the Career Counselling Cell in September, 2016.
Through this scheme, the centre runs specific coaching schemes for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, OBC (non-creamy layer), and Minorities to enhance their employability and chance of succeeding in competitive examinations. The centre has been running these coaching classes for eligible students every year. The scheme comprises of three types of coaching which are:
- Remedial Coaching
- UGC-NET Coaching
- Competitive Exams Coaching
For smooth and effective functioning of the cell, we have school wise coordinators who coordinate the centre activities within their respective school.
Name of School
School of Education and Humanities (SHE)
Prof. Loknath Mishra
School of Social Sciences (SSS)
Dr. B. Lalzarliana
School of Economics, Management and Information Science (SEMIS)
Dr. Amit Kumar Singh
School of Earth Sciences & Natural Resource Management (SES&NRM)
Dr. David C. Vanlalfakawma
School of Physical Sciences (SPS)
Dr Zodinpuia Pachuau
School of Life Sciences
Prof. H.T. Lalremsanga
School of Fine Arts, Architect and Fashion Technology (SFA&AFT)
Dr Sachin Kumar Yadav
School of Engineering & Technology (SET)
Dr. V.D. Ambeth Kumar