Internal Quality Assurance Committee (IQAC):
In pursuance of the directives of the University Grants Commission, New Delhi, vide Letter F.No.20-1/2009 (IUC) Dated 23rd July 2009, the Vice Chancellor of Mizoram University, Aizawl, constituted the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of Mizoram University under his Chairmanship, through a Notification dated 12th October 2009 appointing 12 members with the Director of the IQAC as Member Secretary. A Notification constituting the second IQAC was issued dated 17th November 2011.
The IQAC-MZU is to undertake the task of planning, guiding and monitoring quality assurance and quality enhancement activities of Mizoram University and the Higher Educational Institution (HEIs) under it.
The IQAC-MZU was first notified on 12th October 2009, is to undertake quality assurance and quality enhancement activities of Mizoram University and the Higher Educational Institution (HEIs) under it, as well as maintaining an effective Management Information System (MIS). The Cell is also entrusted with the publication of MZU Annual Report, coordination of Annual Self-Assessment for Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) of MZU faculty, semester-wise Student Feedback on Teachers and Courses, coordinating the preparation of Self-Study Report (SSR) for NAAC Inspection, and the monitoring of various cells and implementing resolutions of committees notified by IQAC.
To ensure quality culture as the prime concern for the Higher Education Institutions through institutionalizing and internalizing all the initiatives taken with internal and external support.
The primary aim of IQAC is:
- To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
IQAC evolves mechanism and procedure for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks
- Relevant and quality academic/ research programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- The credibility of assessment and evaluation process;
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services
- Sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks
- Parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Collection and analysis of feedback from all stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters to all stakeholders
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality
- Periodical conduct of Academic and Administrative Audit and its follow-up
- Preparation and submission of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC
IQAC facilitates / contributes to
i) Ensure clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement
ii) Ensure internalization of the quality culture
iii) Ensure enhancement and coordination among various activities of the institution and institutionalize all good practices
iv) Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning
v) Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in HEIs
vi) Build an organised methodology of documentation and internal communication
The composition of the IQAC :
i) Chairperson: Head of the Institution
ii) Teachers to represent all level (Three to eight)
iii) One member from the Management
iv) Few Senior administrative officers
v) One nominee each from local society, Students and Alumni
vi) One nominee each from Employers /Industrialists/Stakeholders
vii) One of the senior teachers as the coordinator/Director of the IQAC
i) Prof. Jangkhongam Doungel, Director
ii) Dr. Lalhriatpuii, Deputy Director
iii) Mr. Lalhmingliana, Assistant Director
iv) Mr. P. Vanlalnghaka, Section Officer
v) Mr. Lalfakmawia Sailo, Assistant
vi) Mrs. Lalmuanpuii Chhangte, LDC
vii) Mr. R. Lalrinsangs, LDC
viii) Mr. J.C Vanlalhruaizela, LDC
ix) Zothantluanga, MTS
AQAR/NAAC data template