Department of Electrical Engineering
Head: Dr. Asim Datta
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
The Department of Electrical Engineering was established in the year 2011 and the academic program is being implemented from August 2012. The department is conducting 4 years B.Tech. course in Electrical Engineering. The department has well established laboratories for imparting practical knowledge to students. The department is handling some sponsored projects. The primary focus of the department is to impart quality education with practical knowledge and ethic. The students also have the opportunities to gain industrial exposure through industrial training programme. The department has successfully placed students in renounced public sector companies like Power Grid Corporation of India.
|Dr. Asim Datta, Associate Professor|
Email : email@example.com
|Dr. Amarendra Matsa, Associate Professor|
|Dr. Subir Datta, Assistant Professor|
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Dr. Sadhan Gope, Assistant Professor|
Email : email@example.com
|Ksh. Robert Singh, Assistant Professor|
|Subhasish Deb, Assistant Professor|
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Programmes offered under the department: B.Tech, M.Tech and PhD.
- Click here to download the course structure and syllabus for B.Tech programme
- Click here to download the course structure and syllabus for M.Tech programme
- Click here to download the course structure and syllabus for Ph.D. programme
Programme Outcomes (B.Tech.):
Students are able to-
a) Scholarship of Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
b) Critical Thinking: Shoulder responsibilities in planning and utilization of Electrical Energy by analyzing the processes critically.
c) Problem Solving: Design Electrical and Electronics systems to meet specific social needs and problems.
d) Research Skill: Analyze and model the Electrical and Electronics systems and hence effectively contribute towards research and complex problem.
e) Usage of Modern Tools: Cope up with the state-of-art (Modern Tool) in Electrical and Electronics Engineering in tune with modern engineering tools.
f) Collaborative and Multidisciplinary work: Contribute in academics by way of multidisciplinary works involving social health, safety, legal, and consequent responsibility.
g) Environment and Sustainability: Appreciate the impact of industrial activities on global warming and finding the sustainable technical solutions through independent and reflective learning.
h) Ethics: Understand the importance of financial aspects in power system infrastructure development with ethical principles and social responsibilities.
i) Individual and Team Work: Undertake project in emerging areas to function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams.
j) Communication: Communicate effectively with diverse audiences and able to write/present effective reports and design technical documentation.
k) Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Programme Specific Outcomes (B.Tech):
•PSO-1: Apply basic sciences, engineering through different problem solving techniques to solve electrical engineering problems.
•PSO-2: Demonstrate ability in use of software and hardware required in the profession of Electrical engineering.
Programme Outcome (M. Tech. in Power and Energy Systems Engineering)
M. Tech. program in Power and Energy Systems Engineering under Department of Electrical Engineering at Mizoram Univeristy has been designed to generate the following skills and abilities amongst the successful students, as stated under (1) through (11) below:
1. The ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering in solving real life engineering problems.
2. The ability to design a component, system or process related to Power and Energy Systems (PES) for a defined objective and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret the data.
3. An ability to design a component, system or process related to PES to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as safety, environmental, economic, social, ethical, manufacturability and sustainability.
4. The ability to function on multidisciplinary tasks and with multidisciplinary teams.
5. The ability to perform literature survey to identify, formulate and solve power engineering problems using modern engineering tools (softwares and hardwares).
6. The ability to demonstrate the knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities.
7. The ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
8. The ability to analyze the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental and social perspectives.
9. The ability to develop confidence for self study and to engage in lifelong learning.
10. The urge to participate / do the needful to update knowledge on contemporary PES related issues.
11. Graduates will be good citizens with sense of responsibility.
Downloads for outcome: