|SN||Category||Name of Liaison Officer||Phone|
Dr R. Zonuntluanga
Dr R. Zonuntluanga
Mr Zairemmawia Pachuau
The Equal Opportunity Cell (EOC) supervises and oversees the effective implementation of policies and programmes for the disadvantaged groups of SCs/STs/OBCs (Non-Creamy Layer)/Persons with Disabilities (PWD). The Cell also looks after the welfare of Minority/Women including the Economically Weaker Sections (EWS). The Cell undertake measures to ensure due share of utilization by the disadvantaged groups in admissions, recruitments in teaching and non-teaching posts, to improve their performances and provide guidance and counseling with respect to academic, financial, social and other matters. The Cell also ensures representation of SC/ST/OBC/ in various Selection Committees/Boards of the University.
- To implement the reservation policy for SC/ST/OBC/PWD/EWS in recruitment of teaching and non-teaching staff, in admissions to various courses offered by the University & Colleges, in allotment of hostel seats as well as allotment of residential staff quarters.
- To collect data regarding the implementation of the policies in respect of admissions, appointments to teaching and non-teaching positions in the University and in the affiliating colleges and analyze the data showing the trends and changes towards fulfilling the required quota.
- To take such follow up measures for achieving the objectives and targets laid down for the purpose by the Government of India and the UGC.
- To implement, monitor and evaluate continuously the reservation policy in the University and affiliated colleges and plan measures for ensuring effective implementation of the policy and programmes laid down by the Government of India.
- Preparation and maintenance of reservation roster of all teaching and non-teaching staff as per Govt. of India/UGC guidelines.
- Annual Inspection of reservation roster by the Liaison Officer; and reporting cases of negligence or lapse in following reservation policy to MHRD.
- Maintaining grievances register for the backward classes/minority/women, etc.
- Publication of progress achieved by the Cell in the Annual Report of the University.
- Collection of statistical data in respect of SC/ST/OBC/PWD/EWS/Minority etc., from all departments of the University including hostels maintained by the University as well as affiliated colleges.
- Furnishing of reports and returns on periodical schedules and information sought for from UGC/MHRD etc.
- Circulation of decisions of the Govt. of India/UGC/MHRD etc. on reservation matters/welfare of backward classes/minority/women to various departments of the University and affiliated colleges.
- Advertisements for all teaching and non-teaching positions are done through the Cell for necessary slotting of reservation quota of SC/ST/OBC/PWD/EWS.
- Monitoring the progress of Special Recruitment Drives in respect of SC/ST/OBC/PWD/EWS.