N O T I F I C A T I O N ON SWAYAM COURSE
Pursuant to the resolutions adopted by the meeting of all Deans and Heads of Academic Departments held on 2nd February, 2022 and with a view to mapping out ways and measures for improvement in assessment and ranking (NAAC, NIRF), it is hereby notified that the following initiatives have been adopted for strict compliance and implementation in all Academic Departments under Mizoram University and Pachhunga University College:
1) Every student of MZU and PUC should mandatorily get registered for at least One Course every year under SWAYAM / NPTEL.
2) Each Department shall identify suitable Course(s) to be chosen by their Students and shall assign credit to each Course based on Course duration as below:
Less than 4 months – 2 Credits : 4 months and more – 4 Credits
3) Departments / Schools shall organize Awareness Programmes on SWAYAM / NPTEL Courses for every new batch of Students or as and when they deem necessary. As far as current semesters are concerned, HoDs shall inform their respective students about this decision immediately and shall provide them necessary guidance on timeline and registration processes etc.
4) HoDs / Principal, PUC should ensure that all students get registered for the SWAYAM /NPTEL Courses by 28th February, 2022 and shall submit action taken report in this regard to the Registrar along with number of students registered by 4th March, 2022.
5) All faculty are encouraged to develop Course for SWAYAM and upload the same to SWAYAM platform as number of Courses developed and available on SWAYAM platform by Faculty is one of the important parameters for NIRF ranking. Intending Faculty may take the technical assistance of ICT Centre if they require so.