Mizoram University established Technology Enabling Centre funded by DST in the Year 2019. Mizoram University TEC is a satellite center under the mentorship of Tezpur University, Assam. The goal of DST-TEC is to foster an ecosystem for training and technology transfer, and to concentrate on the mining of technologies present in host and partner Institutions. TEC will strive to create an Ecosystem for Technology Development in the Universities and provide a platform to network researchers with other institutes, National laboratories and industry. The focus of the Center will be on providing an enabling ecosystem, process, and support system.
TEC is aiming at bridging the gap between technology development and technology transfer. TEC will also enable the Industry, Academia to connect. TEC will work on mandatory partnership of Universities with Industries and National Research Laboratories.
- Creating the ecosystem for training and technology transfer
- Mining of Technologies available in Host and Partner Institutions
- Assessment of technologies required for MSMEs
- Engage with any one CSIR Lab
- Capacity building and mentorship of Partnering institutions
- Publication of Technical write-ups on R&D activities
● Mining of Technologies being developed at various Labs in University;
● Assessment of technologies requirement of MSMEs in and around.
● Testing maturity of the identified Technologies (Products/Process or both) for further development;
● To carry out the Market Study/Assessment of the Technologies for their Market Potential;
● To recommend the Pilot stage development & co-development of the Technologies with established Institutions/Industries to make the Technology as Market ready product to DST
● TEC will serve the Industry by preparing reports and assisting in Research and Development in areas of dense Industry Clusters
● Networking with various Technology Development Institutions & Labs for refining of the technologies;
● Periodic Workshops/Seminars in Collaboration with Industries;
● To bring out Information’ updates on the Technologies available in different areas;
● To bring out TEC Newsletter & Bulletin on Quarterly basis
Dr. V. Ratnamala (Coordinator)
Department of Mass Communication
Dr. N. Senthil Kumar (Co-Coordinator)
Department of Biotechnology
Call us: +91 8794589361
Address: Technology Enabling Center, C/0 Department of Mass Communication, School of Semis, Mizoram University, Tanhril-796004, Mizoram