Department of Library and Information Science
Head: Prof. Pravakar Rath
Phone No. : 0389-2331608
Mob: 9654314022, 9436154563
Email : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Department of Library and Information Science was established during the academic session 2002-2003. Prof. A. K. Sharma, the then Vice Chancellor formally inaugurated the Department on 20th August 2002. Presently the department is offering a two year integrated MLIS (CBCS), M. Phil. as well as Ph. D. programs.
Mission of the Department
The mission of the Department include, providing quality based education to develop strength to compete national and international job market, providing meaningful education to meet the current demands of the library, and developing skills and competencies among the students so as to prove them a productive asset in the library.
The vision of the Department rests on the principle of developing knowledge based society so as to make a free flow of information and access to it by all communities in the region. Perpetrated with the mission, the Department commits to excellence in service which substantially meets the objectives of the various colleges and university libraries and promotes lifelong learning. The vision also include:
• Providing adequate and sustainable educational strength to meet the changing needs of the society
• Developing leadership quality in managing the libraries and providing quality based services for sustainable education and research
• Equipping the students to meet the 21st century workforce for libraries and academia
• Strengthening information literacy among the students
• Encouraging lifelong learning, continuous improvement and research.