Department of Library and Information Science
Head: Prof. S.N. Singh
Phone No. : 0389-2331608
Mob: +91 82570 45500 & 9415618430
Email : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Department of Library and Information Science was established during the academic session 2002-2003. Prof. A. K. Sharma, the then Vice Chancellor formally inaugurated the Department on 20th August 2002. Presently the department is offering a two year integrated MLIS (CBCS), M. Phil. as well as Ph. D. programs.
Mission of the Department
The mission of the Department include, providing quality based education to develop strength to compete national and international job market, providing meaningful education to meet the current demands of the library, and developing skills and competencies among the students so as to prove them a productive asset in the library.
The vision of the Department rests on the principle of developing knowledge based society so as to make a free flow of information and access to it by all communities in the region. Perpetrated with the mission, the Department commits to excellence in service which substantially meets the objectives of the various colleges and university libraries and promotes lifelong learning. The vision also include:
• Providing adequate and sustainable educational strength to meet the changing needs of the society
• Developing leadership quality in managing the libraries and providing quality based services for sustainable education and research
• Equipping the students to meet the 21st century workforce for libraries and academia
• Strengthening information literacy among the students
• Encouraging lifelong learning, continuous improvement and research.
|Prof. Pravakar Rath, Senior Professor(Level 15)|
|M. Lib. & Inf. Sc., Ph. D.||Download|
|Dr. R. K. Ngurtinkhuma, Professor|
E.Mail : email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
|M. Lib. & Inf. Sc. (NEHU), Ph. D. (MZU)||Download|
|Dr. S.N. Singh, Professor|
|M. Lib. & Inf. Sc. (BHU), Ph. D. (GGU)||Download|
|Dr. Manoj Kumar Verma, Associate Professor|
Email: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
|M. Lib. & Inf. Sc. (GGU), PGDCA, Ph. D. (GGU)||Download|
|Dr. Akhandanand Shukla, Assistant Professor|
|M. Lib. & Inf. Sc. (BHU), Ph. D. (BHU)||Download|
|Dr. Lalngaizuali, Assistant Professor|
|M. Lib. & Inf. Sc. (MZU), Ph. D. (MZU)||Download|
|Dr. Amit Kumar, Assistant Professor|
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
|M. Lib. & Inf. Sc. (DU), M. Phil. (DU), Ph. D. (MZU)||Download|
Programmes under the department: PG, Mphil and PhD
The Department is having ICT Laboratory with Internet facility where the MLIS students perform their practical classes. The ICT Laboratory is equipped with 24 Computer sets, 4 Scanners, Laptop, Digital Camera, Ceiling Mount Projector, Motorized Projector Screen, Split AC, Dreamweaver Software, OCR Software etc. Besides these, Department has 25 sets of DDC (23rd Ed.), Sears List of Subject Headings, Library of Congress Subject Heading, Colon Classification, Universal Decimal Classification, AACR-2R for knowledge organization practical classes. Departmental has its own Library with number of theses/dissertations, tour reports, job diaries, subject books, LIS journals, complimentary copies of reading materials etc.
- Department organized number of conferences/seminars/workshops for the development and training of library professionals.
- Department organized number of refresher courses for the knowledge enhancement of library professionals.
- Faculty members and research scholars have received recognition at national/ international level.
- Department successfully completed number of research projects funded by national agencies.