The department offers Master in Journalism & Mass Communication(MJMC) and Doctor of Philosophy(Ph.D.).
- To introduce the fundamentals in the field of Journalism & mass communication
- To train and make aware of the state of art technology of different media
- To encourage the students to explore the field of research in media studies with special reference to Northeast.
- To develop communication skills of students for journalistic purpose.
- To prepare them as excellent professionals to meet the challenges posed by rapidly changing environment of Media Industries.
- The course will be taught to apprise the students of the latest developments in the national and international media observed specially in the field of global journalism and recent trends in Mass Communication research.
- The course will update the student’s awareness and understanding of political, economic and cultural trends in the society.
- This is an intensive program for study of 2 academic years.
- The program shall be divided in to 4 semester and there shall be continuous assessment and end semester examination at the end of each semester.
- This program is a whole time program of the university.
Eligibility & admission:
- Candidates applying for admission to the M.J.M.C must possess a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized University.
- Admission shall be granted through entrance test and personal interview.
- The marks in the Graduate Examination carry equal weightage.
- Seats & Reservation:
- The reservation will be as per university rules.
- The class room lectures will be interactive supported by demonstrations conducted with latest teaching aids like Multi Media projector. Suitable assignments will be given from time to time and emphasis will be given on hands–on-experience.
- Practical exercises will be conducted in the available studies to familiarize the students with the studio machines and equipment.
- Field visits will be organized to provide first-hand knowledge of the profile of the area in order to facilitate them to develop creative insight and programme sense.
- Students will be provided with adequate opportunities to participate in group discussions, syndicates, seminars and informal meetings with experts will be encouraged to demonstrate the skills acquired.
- The program shall increasingly depend up on practical exercises as a part of pedagogy.