Functions of the Cell:
- Preparation and maintenance of reservation roster of all teaching and non-teaching staff as per Govt. of India/UGC guidelines.
- Annual Inspection of reservation roster by the Liaison Officer; and reporting cases of negligence or lapse in following reservation policy to MHRD.
- Maintaining grievances register for the backward classes/minority/women, etc.
- Publication of progress achieved by the Cell in the Annual Report of the University.
- Collection of statistical data in respect of SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Minority etc., from all departments of the University including hostels maintained by the University as well as affiliated colleges.
- Furnishing of reports and returns on periodical schedules and information sought for from UGC/MHRD etc.
- Circulation of decisions of the Govt. of India/UGC/MHRD etc. on reservation matters/welfare of backward classes/minority/women to various departments of the University and affiliated colleges.
- Advertisements for all teaching and non-teaching positions were done through the Cell for necessary slotting of reservation quota of SC/ST/OBC/PWD.
- Monitoring the progress of Special Recruitment Drive in respect of SC/ST/OBC/PWD.