College Development Council (CDC)
Director : Prof. S. Haukhanlian Mate
Functions of College Development Council :
1. To provide a forum for consideration of various aspects of education in the affiliated colleges of the University with a view to continuously improving the general educational standards in the colleges.
2. To assess the development needs of the colleges;
3. To help internally by the Institutions, or by any other funding agencies such as University Grants Commission, etc.
4. To submit projects to funding agencies on behalf of the affiliated colleges individually or collectively; and to make such information available to concerned bodies.
5. To assess periodically the physical facilities in the affiliated colleges with reference to the number of students and subjects taught and make recommendations for their improvement.
6. To review the academic performance of affiliated colleges from time to time and make suggestions for improvement.
7. To review the examination system and suggest innovations and improvement
8. To follow up the Inspection Reports on various colleges, suggest corrective measures wherever necessary.
9. To promote and encourage co-curricular activities in the college.
10. To conduct surveys of all the affiliated colleges with a view to preparing and maintaining an up-to-dating profile of each college under the University, revising the existing facilities and identifying the needs and gap that need to be filled for the development of colleges.
Academic & Conference:
This Section deals with all academic and Conference related matters of the University concerning UG, PG and Research. The Section is entrusted with maintaining up-to-date database concerning Affiliated / Constituent Colleges / Institutions and Postgraduate Departments.
The Section monitors financial grants received from different agencies for Research Projects. This Section also deals with matters like organizing Seminars etc., teachers attending Seminars, Conference etc., Study Tours for PG Students, constitution and reconstitution of Boards of Undergraduate Studies, Boards of Studies for Postgraduate and Professional Courses, School Boards, Boards of Research Studies All matters of M. Phil and Ph.D. registrations are dealt in this Section.
The Section assists in conducting meetings of all these Boards as well as meetings of University Court, Executive Council, Academic Council, Deans’ Committee, Equivalence Committee, Affiliation Committee, Annual Principals’ Conference and maintains office records of these meetings.
The Section also makes correspondences with UGC, MHRD, other Central and State Government Agencies and educational institutions on academic matters. This Section is entrusted to maintain and update University Act, Statute, Ordinances, Regulations and Rules.