Head of Department : Prof. Sanjay Kumar
Phone No. +91 9402112143 / +91 9774517465 (Cell)
The Department was established in July 2010 with five faculty members. M.A., M.Phil.and Ph.D. c ourses in Hindi were offered from the first batch itself in 2011. Till now 05 Ph.D. and 04 M.Phil.degrees have been awarded in the department.
Vision of the Department:
- The Department aims at the promotion of Hindi language and research in Hindi literature at the level of higher education in North Eastern Region.
- Keeping the broader concept of literature and language in mind, the department’s vision is to create awareness among the students with regard to the socio-cultural development of the North-Eastern Region.
- Development of Hindi in North-East region will strengthen the process of national integration.
The main thrust area of research in the Department is the development of Hindi literature and comparative studies with the existing literature in languages of North Eastern Region. The research area also includes the socio-cultural and literary aspects of north-east region, speciallyMizoram.
- Translation of Mizo Folk Lores& Literature in Hindi and Hindi Literature in Mizo.
- Research work focusing on culture & tradition of North Eastern region specially Mizo culture & tradition.
- Comparative study of North-Eastern languages and literature.
- Preparation of a Trilingual Dictionary (Mizo-Hindi-English).
- The Department is also planning to offer Diploma courses in Functional Hindi, Hindi Translation and Hindi Journalism.