North East Science & Technology Centre (NESTC), Mizoram University
An advanced Research/Technology Centre named as North East Science & Technology Centre is established at Mizoram University, Aizawl with full support of Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO), New Delhi. The centre is aimed to pursue Directed Basic and Applied Research in Technology thrust areas with multi-institutional collaboration to meet critical and futuristic defence technological requirements.
Chairman, DRDO, New Delhi
Vice Chancellor, Mizoram University, Aizawl
Director, NESTC, Mizoram University, Aizawl
(Page under construction)
NESTC will emerge as a world-class centre of excellence in conducting scientific & applied research in critical and futuristic technologies related to defence & security.
Objective of NESTEC is to undertake and facilitate multidisciplinary directed basic and applied research in the identified research verticals:
a) Management of Agro Bio-resources
b) Environment & Waste Management
c) Post-harvest management
d) Advanced Electromagnetics and high frequency electronics design system
e) MEMS based sensor design for specific application
NESTC will collaborate with the academic researchers &faculties, incubation center at MZU and other institutes in the country, industries and DRDO laboratories and other scientific/industrial research laboratories for creating new knowledge and translating them into cutting-edge technologies for defence.
- Professor Diwakar Tiwari ,
Department of Chemistry, Mizoram University, Aizawl.
- Prof. L. Lolit Kumar Singh
Department of Electronics and Communication Engg.
Mizoram University, Aizawl
- Dr. R. Lalfakzuala
Department of Botany, Mizoram University, Aizawl
- Dr. John Zothanzama
Department of Environmental Science
Mizoram University, Aizawl
- Technical & Non-Teaching Staff
- Chairman, DRDO -Chairman
- Vice Chancellor, MZU -Co-Chairman
- CCR&D (TM) -Member
- DG Cluster-DRDO -Member (3)
- Addl. FA& JS -Member
- DD (S&P),MZU -Member
- DD (O), MZU -Member
- Dean (R&D), MZU -Member
- Registrar, MZU -Member
- Director, DFTM, DRDO HQ -Member
- Director, NESTC -Member Secretary
- Nominees of VC, MZU
- Chief-Coordinator, MZU
- Chief Coordinating Scientist, DRDO
- NESTC will prepare a strategic rolling plan clearly out lining its priorities, research road map and research capacity build up, staged expected research outcome etc. for up to 10 years and also prepare implementation strategy to achieve the objectives. This plan will be presented and approved by the Governing Council.
- Executive authority of managing NESTC will rest with Director NESTC.
- Essential manpower for NESTC will be hired on contract. NESTC will have two statutory posts of (i) one Administrative Officer and (ii) one Accounts Officer.
- NESTC will formulate operating Administrative Manual which will include all instructions for Administration, Finance and Materials Management etc. The Operating Administrative Manual will be approved by GC.
- NESTC will engage academia, Research institutes for under taking specific research projects/activities in the interest of directed basic research including international collaborations. The NESTC will also appropriately engage with competent industries for realizing specific technologies to the expected maturity levels.
- NESTC will be empowered to authorize administrative/ technical industrial job contracts as required for progressing activities.
- NESTC will hire visiting scientists and/or research fellows for specific programs with due approval of the Research Advisory Board.
- NESTC along with MZU shall evolve mechanisms to facilitate running NESTC and execute its programs with commitment, transparency and accountability.
- NESTC shall enable agreement/ MOU between MZU, NESTC and collaborating University covering program definition, work package and funds share, techno-managerial & administrative issues and related responsibilities for execution of the projects.
Format for Proposal Preparation