Tentative list of events for 2014:
- Refresher course on Advances in Forestry is being planned from 10th -31st March 2014.
- Seminar on Conservation of Biodiversity related issues on World Forestry Day
- Awareness campaign & tree plantation program on World Environment Day
- Special lecture on Water as a by-product of Forests on World Water Day
- 3-day National Seminar on Livelihood from Forestry is being proposed from 19th -21st September 2014.
- Regional seminar on Food Security on 16th October 2014 (World Food Security Day)
- Proposed to start Certificate Course on Plantation Technique & Nursery Management
List of events in 2013:
The department organized a Refresher course on Life Sciences; conducted study tour program of the 2nd semester students to RRL, Jorhat and ICAR, Barapani. Conducted some special lectures on (a) Biodiversity conservation of North-Eastern Himalayas (b) Probiotics and its significance
The department had organized several seminars/workshops such as:
- International workshop on Agroforestry and Forest Products,
- Conservation of Biodiversity of North-Eastern Region
- Regional workshop on Access Rights and Benefit Sharing of Natural Resources,
- State of Environment of Forest Resources etc in collaboration with various other departments, besides had conducted Orientation Programmes and Refresher Courses in the frontier areas of forestry and natural resource management and organized various field events and study tours for students.