About MZU IPR Cell
The Intellectual Property Right(IPR) Cell in Mizoram University was set up on 25th June 2015 by the Vice Chancellor Prof R. Lalthantluanga , vide letter no 9-2/Adm-I (Acad)/14/9 dated 25th June, 2015 and No 17-3/Adm-I (Acad)/15/1 dated 3rd August, 2015 and No 17-3/Adm-I (Acad)/15/505-53 dated 16th March, 2016.
The following are the members for a period of 2 years w.e.f. 25th June, 2015 :-
Nodal Officer - Dr. John Zothanzama
1)Prof. Lalnuntluanga, Department of Environmental Science
2)Prof. N. Senthil Kumar, Department of Biotechnology
3)Dr. R. Lalfakzuala, Department of Botany
4)Dr. Laldinliana, Departmentt of Commerce
5)Mr. Lalchhanhima, Department of Information Technology
6) Dr. Amritesh C. Shukla, Professor, Department of Horticulture, Aromatic and Medicinal Plants.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
The MZU IPR Cell aims for the following -
1)to offer assistance to grassroot innovators in the state of Mizoram and also to realize the commercial benefits of their innovations.
2) to develop human resource in the management of Intellectual Property Rights as an integral part of the innovation process and the innovation value chain in the University.
3) to initiate and execute IPR capability development programmes in the state.
4) to ensure speedy and accurate identification and protection of innovations arising out of the research work carried out in the University.
5) to facilitate transfer of knowledge and technology from the university to industry and enhance the scope of their commercialization.
6) propagate a culture of regard and respect for IPR