The Mizoram University as the highest institute of learning within the state, with over a thousand students, research scholars, 1 constituent college and 27 affiliated colleges, envisioned a befitting Hindi Cell by establishing its Hindi Cell on 1st March 2011 and on the appointment of the Hindi Officer on 20th April, 2012 it started functioning as an organized cell. This cell deals with all the letters coming in Hindi from UGC, MHRD, Ministry of Home Affairs and other Universities etc. Translation of Annual Report, Annual Account Report and Annual Audit Report from English to Hindi are the main work of the cell. In order to fulfill the requirements for which Hindi Officers’ post have been created, the Officer is doing translation work from English to Hindi and vice-versa and vetting thereof.
To acquaint the Officers and staffs of the concerned departments with the provisions of the Official Language Act, Government rules and orders relating to Official Language and Hindi training and to help them in implementing the same. Working as the Secretary of the Official Language Implementation Committee of their department/office and convening meeting from time to time, to prepare the agenda and minutes of the meetings and co-ordinate the action taken on the decision taken in the meeting.
Activities of the Cell:-
· Organized three Official Language meetings related development of Hindi the University and other issues.
· Organized one Basic Hindi Workshop on 24th September, 2012, so that our Officers and staffs get interested in learning Hindi and using Hindi in official works.
· All Offices or organize Hindi Day every year on 14th September and Hindi Week beginning from the day in accordance with the guidelines issued by the Department of Official Language. As per MHRD instruction we have also organized Hindi Fortnight from 14th September to 28th September at the New Administrative Conference Hall, Honorable Vice Chancellor, Mizoram University was the Chief Guest and the Registrar, Mizoram University was the Special Guest. In this fortnight celebration Hindi Essay writing and Hindi Extempore Speech Competition and Hindi signature campaign was organized, our officers, staffs and students participated enthusiastically.
1. Hindi Officer : Dr. Bandana Bharati (Click here to download the resume)
2. Hindi Translator : Mr. C. Rotlinga
3. Hindi Typist : Mrs. Laldinpuii Colney