The Finance Department was constituted since the inception of this University. It is headed by the Finance Officer. The Finance Officer is responsible for the general supervision of funds of the University and to tender advice to the Vice-Chancellor regarding the financial policy of the University. The Department is responsible for holding and managing the property and investment of the University and to ensure that the limits fixed by the Finance Committee for recurring and non-recurring expenditure for a year are not exceeded and that all the moneys are expended on the purpose for which they are granted or allotted.
The Department is fully computerized since 2006.
The Finance Department performs the following activities:
- Preparation of Annual Accounts and Budget of the University and their presentation to the Executive Council and Finance Committee.
- Keeping a constant watch on the state of cash and bank balances and on the state of investments.
- Watching the progress of the collection of revenue and advising on the methods of collection employed
- Ensuring that the registers of buildings, land, furniture and equipments are maintained up to date and that keeping record of equipment and other consumable materials in all Offices,Special Centre, Specialized Laboratories, and Constituent College and Institutions maintained by the University.
- Maintenance of Fixed Assets Register and calculation of Depreciation thereof.
Circulars / Notifications issued by the department:
|1||Instructions from MHRD and Ministry of Finance||14/02/2017||Click here to download|
|2||Compliant of MHRD's Instructions - Regarding||06/03/2017||Click here to download|